Thursday, March 10, 2011

What is the potential of photography?

Q: How can a photograph become more than just an image?
A: I think that a photograph, although it is a image, can become a statement. I believe that it becomes a photographers opinion on a certain situation, event or place. Also, I think that a picture can be seen through the photogrpahers eyes, at the point time. The picture explains how the photographer sees the setting.

Q:What afffect does size or scale have on the power of a photograph?
A: I think that the the size and scale of the subject of a photograph is what makes it powerful. I think that powerful photographs have a small subject with a detailed, large background, or a large subject with a not a detailed background. I think that these two scales make the viewer pay attention to the real meaning of te photograph.
Q:How does location and context change the way we precieve and understand photographs?
A: The context and location of a photograph, I believe is what makes or breaks a photograph. With a strong background, it helps the viewer understand what is going on in the situation. The stronger the background or context, is what makes the overall picture stronger.
Q:What can you take from JR's photographs to make your images stronger? How might your pictures become more impactful?
A: I think that I can take the essence of a strong theme for a group of pictures from JR's photographs. In many of his projects, he uses one idea and carries it throughout mutiple pictures. I think that by taking this idea of one strong theme for a few pictures will make my projects stronger and will make my overall projects stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment